FedLine Advantage® and FedLine Command® Business Continuity Quick Tips
Many organizations use a combination of contingency options to help minimize or eliminate the business impacts of a service disruption. For detailed information, a Self-Service End User Authorization Contact (EUAC) can refer to the FedLine Advantage planning materials in the EUAC Center.
Several contingency options are noted below for consideration:
Install a Backup VPN Device
- Consider ordering additional VPN devices and installing a device at your primary processing site for same site redundancy, and at your contingency site. Additional backup VPN devices must be powered on and connected to your network at all times to help ensure quick failover during a service disruption, and to enable important software updates.
- A same-site backup VPN device enables your organization to continue processing in the event that your primary device is unavailable.
- A contingency-site backup VPN device enables your organization to continue processing in the event that your entire primary site is unavailable.
- Watch our video to learn how a secondary FedLine Advantage Virtual Private Network (VPN) helped provide uninterrupted access to the FedLine Advantage Solution during an Internet Service Provider (ISP) outage.
Utilize a Secondary ISP
- Many organizations already utilize dual ISPs for their broader business continuity planning. VPN devices allow your organization to utilize this business continuity best practice, and enable you to continue processing even if your primary ISP experiences service disruptions.
- A same-site secondary ISP enables your organization to process payments in the event that your primary ISP experiences a disruption.
- A contingency-site secondary ISP is a business continuity best practice and enables you to continue processing even if your primary VPN and primary ISP experience disruptions.
Other Considerations for Contingency Arrangements
- Establish a contingency provider relationship for FedACH® Services contingency. Information on contingency provider relationships is available in the FedLine Advantage planning materials, available in the EUAC Center.
- Where appropriate, make arrangements with other organizations (Correspondent Bank or a Third Party Provider) for Fedwire® Services contingency. Additional information regarding this contingency option is available in the FedLine Advantage planning materials and Operating Circular 6.