FedDetectSM Duplicate Treasury Check Notifier Service
FedDetect Duplicate Treasury Check Notifier Service offers subscribed banks of first deposit (BOFDs) early notice of potential duplicate checks processed by the Federal Reserve Banks that were deposited by your institution or by any other BOFD on the current day or previous 60 calendar days. These notices are sent directly to your inbox via encrypted email and may be used at your discretion to supplement your own research and to take appropriate action. View the FedDetect Duplicate Treasury Check Notifier Service product sheet (PDF) to learn more.
Discover the benefits of the FedDetect Duplicate Treasury Check Notifier Service
- Receive early morning and end of processing day notice of potential duplicate Treasury checks across multiple payment channels within your own institution and across all other BOFDs
- Quickly see deposit information and available front/back images of potential duplicate items from your own institution and partial deposit information with available front images from other BOFDs
- Help mitigate the loss of funds due to fraud or deposit capture errors
- Provides notification of matching U.S. Treasury checks for the current processing day against U.S. Treasury checks that were presented on the current day or previous 60 calendar days
- Provides details of each potential duplicate Treasury check the BOFD deposited and its associated matched item(s) available at the time the report is run
- Provides deposit details with available front and rear images of potential duplicate items from your own institution and partial deposit information and available front images of potential duplicate Treasury items from other BOFDs
- Generates secure email delivery at a pre-designated early morning and end of processing day times
- Does not interrupt normal check processing and does not affect presentment of checks to U.S. Treasury
View sample PDF report (PDF) with:
- Deposit information and available front and rear images of potential duplicate Treasury items from your BOFD
- Partial deposit information and available front images only of potential duplicate Treasury items from other BOFDs
Report delivery options
The FedDetect Duplicate Treasury Check Notifier Service is pre-configured for early morning delivery before 5 a.m. ET and end of processing day delivery after 2 p.m. ET.
The service will be available to BOFDs who are FedForward® customers, either directly or via an agent. The service will be provided on an opt-in basis by participation agreement (PDF) with reporting offered directly to the BOFD or its agent.