Term Deposit Facility Setup
Any institution eligible to receive interest on balances maintained at the Federal Reserve Banks can participate in the Term Deposit Facility upon the approval of its Reserve Bank. Follow the setup steps below to become a Term Deposit Facility participant. Please note the typical time from submission of the necessary forms, requests and agreements, to being ready to participate is between 7 and 10 business days.
To become a Term Deposit Facility participant
- The institution must agree to the Term Deposit Agreement (PDF) by completing its Appendix A and having Appendix A executed by an individual on its Official Authorization List (OAL) (PDF) or its Official Authorization List (OAL) for Non-Account Holders (PDF). The institution then must submit the executed Appendix A to the Federal Reserve’s Customer Contact Center at one of the following locations:
An EUAC with access to the EUAC Center via FedLine Home must submit a Subscriber request via the EUAC Center within FedLine Home. A Subscriber request must be submitted for each individual who will need access to the Term Deposit Facility application. NOTE: The service is listed as Reserves Central – Term Deposit Facility in the EUAC Center.
An authorized individual listed on the institution’s OAL may also need to submit the following forms:
- Emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Faxed to (877) 281-3647
- Mailed to the Federal Reserve's Customer Contact Center at
P.O. Box 219416
Kansas City, MO 64121-9416
- End User Authorization Contact (EUAC) Form (PDF) is required if the institution does not already have a FedLine Web® or FedLine Advantage® EUAC.
- Complete a new Transaction and Service Fee Settlement Authorization Form (PDF) of Operating Circular 1 if the institution wishes to settle Term Deposit Facility activity through a correspondent.
The Reserve Bank will notify the EUAC and Subscriber(s) once the credentials have been processed. The Subscriber(s) will then access the Term Deposit Facility application using the Term Deposit Facility Secure Logon button on the Term Deposit Facility page.
Term Deposit Facility Operations
Term Deposit Facility operation announcements will be posted on the Board of Governors' website (Off-site).
For assistance or questions, please contact the Federal Reserve's Customer Contact Center.
Top of Page