Same Day ACH Resource Center
This resource center presents information about Same Day ACH and the impact on FedACH® Services. In May 2015, an ACH Rules change passed providing for the same-day processing and settlement of virtually any ACH payment. Since 2015, the ACH Rules have changed with respect to availability and dollar limits of Same Day ACH transactions, and the latest ACH Rules change to add a new processing window for Same Day ACH was effective March 19, 2021. The new processing window allows originating depository financial institutions (ODFIs) to submit Same Day ACH files until 4:45 p.m. ET, instead of the previous, 2:45 p.m. ET deadline.
- In order to facilitate the adoption of the later Same Day ACH processing and settlement window, modifications were necessary to expand the Reserve Banks’ Fedwire® Funds Service and National Settlement Service. Those modifications were implemented successfully on or before March 19, 2021.
Below are resources to help your institution with these changes.
- FedACH Services Settlement Tips: Same Day ACH Third Processing Window
- Includes the following tools to assist you with balancing:
- Sample settlement advices
- Sample settlement summaries report
- Updated Accounting Transaction Codes
- FedACH Processing Schedule
- Effective March 19, 2021
- Shows the transmission windows, target distribution times and settlement schedules for FedACH Services and the FedACH SameDay Service
- Same Day ACH Expansion - ACH Settlement Advice Numbers
- Recent Fed360 Articles
- Get ready for a new Same Day ACH processing window in 2021 (October 1, 2020)
- Preparing for the third Same Day ACH window: Stale-dated entries (November 16, 2020)
- Preparing for the third Same Day ACH window: Testing opens soon (January 15, 2021)
- Extension of Discount Window closing time, effective March 8, 2021 (February 1, 2021)
- Announcing amendments to Operating Circulars 4, 6 and 12 (February 16, 2021)
- Preparing for the third Same Day ACH window: Helpful settlement tips (March 1, 2021)
- Preparing for the third Same Day ACH window: Top Five Things to Know (March 17, 2021)
- Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
- Answers to questions about Same Day ACH Transaction Transmission and Settlement, Sample Scenarios and more
- Pinpoint Same Day ACH entries with the ACH Originated Batch Report via the FedPayments® Reporter Service
- Easily determine if a batch contained same-day entries
- Analyze why the batch was processed as same day
- Quickly view the credit and debit dollar entry counts as well as the Nacha Entry Fees applied
Additional information about the rules approved to expand the capabilities of Same Day ACH for all financial institutions and their customers can be found on Nacha’s website.
If you have questions, please contact FedACH and Check Services Customer Support at (877) 372-2457.
Top of Page