There is a quick and easy way to keep abreast of the operational status of Federal Reserve Bank Services – Service Status. Whether you need information on opening and closing times or you are looking for details regarding a disruption, Service Status is where you need to go. There are two easy ways to access the page:
- When you visit the FRBservices.org® homepage, look for an icon in the top right-hand corner, as shown below. This icon will be either green, yellow or red depending on the current operational status of Federal Reserve Bank Services.
- Green indicates that all service areas are operating normally. However, there could still be a notification or message you may need to be aware of, so you should still click through to the Service Status page even if the button is green.
- Yellow or red signals there is an important alert that you need to read.
- Another way to access Service Status is through the main page of FedLine® Home. We added this feature to make it easy and convenient for FedLine Subscribers to get timely notifications in one place. Once you log in to your user portal, you will see a Service Status icon similar to the one on FRBservices.org that is either green, yellow or red. If you click on that icon, it will take you to the Service Status page.
On the Service Status page, you will see a list of service areas followed by a Legend, as shown below. Similar to the Service Status icon color, green check marks indicate that everything is operating normally, while a yellow triangle or red “X” signals an issue or disruption.
There are three different communication types that you will find on the Service Status page:
- Alerts are used when the Federal Reserve Banks are experiencing a service disruption. Service alerts contain recommended actions, alternative processing options and support contact information. An alert will appear on the right-hand side of the Service Status page.
- General notifications are used to relay a message about something that does not impact a specific service area, such as information regarding testing or impending weather issues. General notifications can be found at the bottom of the Service Status page.
- Messages are used to share information such as opening and closing times, maintenance, extensions and testing. Services with active messages will appear in blue text on the Service Status page. You can view messages by clicking on the name of a specific service. You will then see a new window open with a message.
Service Status has information that is essential to business continuity planning for your institution. It is the fastest and easiest way to obtain information from the Federal Reserve Banks regarding the operational status of our products and services.
Take the first step to stay informed by bookmarking Service Status and checking it daily. To learn even more about using Service Status, check out our video, “How to Access and Navigate Service Status.” (Off-site)