Could your financial institution benefit from a tool that allows you to quickly calculate a savings bond’s total value and verify its validity? If so, the U.S. Department of the Treasury’s Bureau of the Fiscal Service (Fiscal Service) wants to tell you all about the easy-to-use Savings Bond Valuation and Verification (SBVV) tool (Off-site), which can:
- Automatically populate a bond’s serial number via a magnetic ink character recognition (MICR) check reader
- Instantly view the value and interest of a bond
- Accurately tally the sum of multiple bonds that are eligible to be cashed
- Quickly identify invalid bonds that need further research
Fiscal Service will host three 40-minute demonstrations to explore the benefits of the SBVV tool, provide information about the application programming interface (API) option and allocate time for your questions.
These small group sessions will fill up quickly, so register today for the date that works best for you:
- Tuesday, October 26, from 2-2:40 p.m. ET
- Tuesday, November 2, from 2-2:40 p.m. ET
- Thursday, November 4, from 11-11:40 a.m. ET
Treasury is very grateful for the help that financial institutions have provided throughout the 85-year evolution (Off-site) of the U.S. Savings Bonds Program, and they would like to continue their support and assistance to financial institutions as they work with individuals to achieve the American dream. The easy-to-use SBVV tool aims to do just that by offering paying agents a great solution for cashing savings bonds.