To help support our customers during the ongoing public health emergency caused by the coronavirus, we have been regularly updating FRBservices.orgSM with the latest information. This content is now available from a new red “COVID-19” button on the right-hand side of the top navigation. You can click on this button from any page of our website to access the latest updates, including all coronavirus-related communications and resources.
One of these resources covers information for FedLine Web® and FedLine Advantage® Subscribers who may be accessing these FedLine Solutions from remote locations. Please review the information below for technical requirements and resources.
FedLine Web and FedLine Advantage remote connection information
All equipment used to access Federal Reserve Bank Services must comply with the minimum requirements outlined below. In addition, organizations are responsible for reviewing the respective FedLine security and control procedures to determine if alternate controls or processes may be appropriate to support remote connections or alternative business continuity configurations. This review may include considerations around the use of non-standard computers to temporarily access Federal Reserve Bank Services. It remains the organization’s responsibility to manage their risk and compliance posture and comply with all mandatory FedLine security controls and procedures. Customers should refer to their organization’s business continuity plans as early as possible to ensure user access.
Minimum technical requirements
- Compliance with Operating Circular 5 (OC 5)
- Adherence to the hardware/software requirements
The following documents are available in the End User Authorization Contact (EUAC) Center to assist EUACs:
- FedLine Web PC Setup Guidelines
- FedLine Web Security and Control Procedures
- FedLine Advantage Subscriber Guide (available to FedLine Advantage EUACs only)
- FedLine Advantage Monitoring and Control Guidelines (available to FedLine Advantage EUACs only)
- FedLine Advantage PC Setup Guidelines (available to FedLine Advantage EUACs only)
Accessing FedLine Web
- Via digital certificate: The Subscriber’s certificate needs to be downloaded onto their personal computer (PC) and imported into the PC’s “Personal” certificate store. Internet access is required.
- Via FedLine security token: The Subscriber needs to install the FedLine security token software onto their PC, and the Subscriber’s FedLine security token needs to be plugged into the PC where they are physically located. Internet access is required.
Accessing FedLine Advantage
- The Subscriber needs to install the FedLine security token software onto their PC, and the Subscriber’s FedLine security token needs to be plugged into the PC where they are physically located. A secure network connection to their organization is required.
- Additional configuration changes, including but not limited to, authorizing additional PCs to access FedLine Advantage may be necessary. These changes can be facilitated through the EUAC Center within FedLine Home or by contacting the Support Center.
- Visit FedLine Home Communications for more detailed information.
Customers with questions or concerns about accessing these services outside their normal working environment should contact the Support Center. The Support Center can advise on any potential modifications required in their setup to be able to connect to our services.