There is strength in numbers, and that is especially true within the Federal Reserve System. As the nation’s central bank, the Fed is responsible for managing complex financials, metrics and economic policies. Learn about some of the most significant numbers across the system in the following infographic:
These numbers provide a brief glimpse into what the Federal Reserve does. Be sure to watch for future Fed Facts stories with more interesting information about on the system’s history, role – and yes, more fun numbers.
- https://www.federalreserve.gov/newsevents/pressreleases/other20220321a.htm (Off-site)
- https://www.federalreserve.gov/aboutthefed/bios/board/default.htm (Off-site)
- https://www.federalreserve.gov/monetarypolicy/publications/beige-book-default.htm (Off-site)
- https://www.chicagofed.org/education/money-museum/did-you-know (Off-site)
- https://www.newyorkfed.org/aboutthefed/goldvault.html (Off-site)
- https://www.kansascityfed.org/about-us/frequently-asked-questions/ (Off-site)