In August, the Federal Reserve launched an instant payments education series. With the FedNowSM Service coming to market in 2023 or 2024, this series discusses the fundamentals of faster and instant payments while also taking a deeper look at key topics and trends in this important and evolving area for the future of payments.
The Fed’s collaborative efforts with the industry on the road to instant payments continues, and we have added new articles to help financial institutions and other organizations gain a better understanding of how to plan for an instant payments transformation.
Explore the most recent articles in the series:
- Instant payments: What could they mean for how we do business?
- Fraud and instant payments: The basics
- Why we write so many checks and how instant payments could change that
- FedNow Service: A foundation for an instant payments world
- Unpacking clearing and settlement
- It takes an ecosystem: how faster/instant payments go mainstream
- What’s trending in the world of faster and instant payments?
Review or take a first look at some of the past articles:
- Anatomy of an instant payment: A quick and easy guide
- Fast, faster, instant payments: What’s in a name?
- How can faster payments benefit me?
- A quick look at different types of faster payment transactions
Bookmark the Instant Payments Education page and visit it regularly for the latest installments in the series.