PCs used to access Federal Reserve Bank Services via the FedLine Web access solution must comply with minimum hardware and software requirements outlined below.
1. The 64-bit version of Microsoft Windows® 7 Service Pack 1 (SP1) is strongly recommended. Support is also provided for 32-bit and 64-bit versions of Windows Vista Service Pack 2 and Windows XP Professional Service Pack 3.
2. Any PC used to access a FedLine access solution must meet the hardware requirements established by Microsoft for the selected operating system. Please note that the Federal Reserve Banks do not provide support for thin-client environments.
Other hardware requirements include:
3. Microsoft Internet Explorer® version 9.0 is strongly recommended. Support is also provided for Internet Explorer versions 7.0 and 8.0.
Recommended Browser Settings:
To allow the download of files and turn off the pop-up blocker technology in newer versions of Internet Explorer, we recommend that you designate Federal Reserve Bank sites as trusted sites within Internet Explorer. To do this, follow the directions in the setup guide associated with your organization's version of Internet Explorer:
4. Your browser must be configured with the latest version of the Java Runtime Environment (JRE) browser plug-in.
This component is available at no charge directly from Oracle. (Off-site Link)
Note: Oracle regularly updates its Java product line.
5. The following software is required for FedLine Web Subscribers:
6. The following network access is required for FedLine Web Subscribers:
TCP/IP communications protocol utilizing port 80 (World Wide Web HTTP) and port 443 (HTTP protocol over TSL/SSL). The Federal Reserve Banks cannot provide any setup or configuration assistance to troubleshoot network access issues when using non-Federal Reserve Bank designated or provided equipment. This includes firewall and router configuration problems.
7. The following certificates must be present in the Trusted Root Certification Authorities store to support SSL communications:
Please see the Entrust Certificates Update Guide (PDF) for instructions on updating and verifying your Entrust Certificates.
8. Check 21 Subscribers using Secure Client must ensure that they have a supported version of Secure Client.
Your organization can purchase Secure Client software directly from Axway utilizing the on-line portal that has been established for Federal Reserve Bank customers at https://usfrbstore.axway.com (Off-site Link). For the specific hardware/software requirements related to this client, contact Axway.
NOTE: Prior SecureTransport Client software versions do not support Windows 7.
Address comments and questions to the Financial Services Webmaster.
©2013 Federal Reserve Banks